This is a well rounded, healthy main course. It’s basically just chopped beef and veggies in savory sauce. To make this you’ll need 30-40 minutes. Cooking time is about 10 minutes and the rest is preparation. This would be a great topping for meatza(pizza with meat crust) Cheese is not paleo but I think it’s an acceptable indulgence. And cheese has very little lactose(milk sugar) and is high in the healthy saturated fats.
2 tablespoons ghee or 3 tablespoons butter
1 1/2 cup Trader Joe’s (Giotto’s) Organic Marinara Sauce
2 chopped carrots
Handful of broccoli florets
1/2 handful of cauliflower florets
5 smallish white mushrooms chopped in quarters
A pinch of rosemary
A pinch of basil
1/2 tablespoon dried oregano
salt and pepper to taste
1 1/2 tablespoons vinegar
1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese (optional; but I recommend it)
1. Melt ghee or butter in medium to large sized frying pan. Fry steak for about 5 minutes per side on medium/medium-high heat. Aim for medium-rare doneness. DO NOT OVERCOOK.
2. Put steak aside making sure to leave oil and steak juices in pan. Add chopped carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, bell pepper and mushroom to pan and stir well. Add Vinegar. Let stand for a few minutes. In the mean time, cut the steak into smallish-to-medium-sized cubes.
3. Mix in the following spices with the veggies in the pan: garlic powder, pinch of rosemary, pinch of basil, salt and pepper to taste. Fry for 3-10 minutes, until veggies are soft to your liking.
4. While veggies are frying, add salt, pepper and oregano to cubed steak and massage in nicely with your hands.
5. Set Veggies aside in serving dish. Add one tbsp of ghee or butter to pan and fry chopped onions for 1 minute. Add marinara sauce, stir, bring to simmer. Add cubed steak and crumbled feta cheese. Stir and let simmer for 5 minutes.
6. Mix veggies and cubed steak back into simmering pan and let heat for about 2 more mins.
7. Serve with parsley for garnish if desired and enjoy!